We all love it - the classic chocolate cake. It simply sweetened every birthday and every coffee party with Grandma, but always came with a lot of sugar.
How about a gluten-free, vegan and sugar-free copy of the chocolate cake this time, which is topped off with a delicious icing from our Nu+Cao bars? Sounds weird at first, but don't worry - we already tasted the cake in our office and couldn't keep our hands off it. Have fun and good appetite while baking!
- 100 g oat flakes
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 50 g baking cocoa unsweetened
- 1,5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 ml almond milk
- 100 g apple pulp unsweetened
- 85 g maple syrup
- 70 g coconut oil
For the glaze:
- 2 bars Nu+Cao hazelnut
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Hazelnuts and fruits for decoration
- For the preparation you preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Then grease a springform pan (diameter of 20cm) with vegan magazines.
- Next, you grind the oatmeal into a fine flour. Then you put it into a large bowl with the ground hazelnuts, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix everything well.
- Warm the coconut oil slightly until it becomes liquid. Then mix the almond milk, which has also been slightly warmed, the coconut oil, apple pulp and maple syrup and then add it to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the finished part into the greased cake tin and then bake the cake in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for about 30 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled down, you chop two bars nu+cao hazelnut roughly and melt it together with the coconut oil over a water bath. Pour the liquid mixture over the cake and decorate it with fruits (e.g. raspberries or pomegranate) and hazelnuts.